BrandWorld: Updated Brand

Ahead of the final submission, I went back over my feedback from BrandWorld and made the necessary changes to the brand. I am so much happier with it now and think it looks so much more professional, but also more fitting to the brand values – locality, loyalty and family owned. I think the hand drawn bunting definitely adds a nice touch and looks so much better than my previous vector graphic bunting.

Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 21.36.36Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 21.36.45

Below shows the touch points I have updated with my new brand. I have designed business cards, window signage, a cake box, business stationary, a shopping bag and an apron.

Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 22.23.50Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 22.24.00Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 01.34.40


Digital Me: Even More Progress

I have now completed my research and development files, ready to show at the next tutorial and receive feedback. I am now beginning to work on my PDF portfolio and deciding which work should go into it. I want to get some of the work printed and take photos of it in order to have my own photographs and take my own ‘mock ups’. I have also edited my CV to (hopefully) look more professional and to tie in with the house style I have running through my online portfolio.

Still do to:

  • Branding
  • PDF Portfolio
  • Update Online Portfolio
  • Keep up with dissertation reading !

Digital Me: Penguin Update

Below is my new penguin book cover. It almost doesn’t feel like my own work as it is quite different from what I would usually choose to do. Looking back at my other attempts, this one stands out as different in terms of colour and style. I am not sure as to how effective this book cover is, though it is much better and more clear than any of my other attempts at this concept. All of my other designs used predominantly red, and so I tried using blue (and a little bit of red). Though red represents danger, blood and anger, blue works well with my idea in presenting innocence, fear and darkness.

I drew the rabbits using a graphics tablet and pen. For the spine, I typed the necessary information and then, on a new layer, scribbled in the same style in the same few blue shades used around the lettering, filling the spine. Afterwards, I deleted the type, leaving the pattern with the recognisable font, just slightly original and jagged. The idea originated from a quote in the book referring to one of the murderers: “he goes shooting with David sometimes. After rabbits, mostly.” This quote stuck with me because he goes on to shoot a family of four. The rabbits represent the innocence of the family, unable to fight back against a premeditated attack.